Giordano’s deep dish pizza, known for its delicious stuffed pizza creation in Chicago, tastes best when freshly baked. However, with any leftover slices, you’ll want to properly reheat this Chicago staple to enjoy it at its best the next day.
This article will cover the ideal methods to reheat Giordano’s pizza using equipment you likely already have at home.
From the microwave and oven to skillets and pizza stones, we’ll show you how to reheat Giordano’s pizza in ways that preserve its signature crisp crust and gooey melted cheese so you can enjoy Chicago’s finest deep dish leftovers.
Let’s get started learning how to reheat Giordano’s pizza to taste fresh again!
How Long Does Giordano’s Pizza Last in the Fridge?
Giordano’s deep dish pizza has a relatively short shelf life once refrigerated, lasting only around 2 to 3 days for optimal quality. The many layers and high moisture content in Giordano’s stuffed pizza create a prime environment for bacteria growth.
To maximize freshness, keep pizza in its original box and cover the pie with plastic wrap before refrigerating. Reheat leftovers thoroughly to an internal temperature above 165°F before consuming.
Any pizza beyond 3 days old in the fridge starts to lose its signature taste and crispy crust from excess moisture, so enjoy Giordano’s leftovers quickly for best results.
What Is The Best Way to Reheat Giordano’s Pizza
The best way to reheat Giordano’s pizza depends on your goals. For even heating and a crispy crust like it’s fresh out of the oven, place slices on a preheated pizza stone in the oven at 350°F for 5-10 minutes.
To quickly warm individual slices, cover them loosely with wax paper and microwave on 50% power in short bursts, rotating periodically.
A skillet on the stovetop allows you trap steam so the cheese melts evenly while the bottom crust crisps up.
No matter the method, check it frequently to avoid overcooking the crust and dough, and allow the pizza to rest for a few minutes after reheating to allow the cheese and sauce to set.
How to Reheat Giordano’s Pizza in The Oven
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Place your Giordano’s pie directly onto the middle rack of the oven. Depending on the size of your pizza, bake for 8 to 12 minutes.
The pizza should be heated through with the crust slightly crisp. Rotate the pan halfway through baking for even heating.
Remove the pizza from the oven and place the pan on a cooling rack or folded kitchen towel to absorb moisture from the bottom crust.
Allow the pizza to rest for 2 to 3 minutes before serving to allow the crust to crisp up slightly and the cheese to set. Enjoy your freshly reheated Chicago-style pizza!
Tips for Reheating Giordano’s Pizza in the Oven Without Drying it Out
Here are some tips for reheating Giordano’s pizza in the oven without drying it out:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, lower than when baking fresh pizza. Excess heat can make the crust tougher.
- Line the baking pan or pizza stone with foil for easy cleanup of grease. Lightly coat the foil with olive oil to prevent the crust from sticking.
- Bake the pizza on the middle or lower rack of the oven. The higher rack will expose it to more direct heat.
- Rotate the pizza pan halfway through baking. This ensures even heating and reduces the chances of one side drying out.
- Check the pizza frequently toward the end of baking. Start checking at around 8 minutes for a large pie and 5-6 minutes for smaller slices.
- Remove the pizza from the oven while the cheese is still a little moist. It will firm up as it rests.
- Let the pizza rest for a few minutes after baking to allow the cheese to set and the moisture to redistribute throughout the crust, making it more pliable.
- Lightly cover the pizza with foil for the first few minutes of baking. Remove the foil for the last few minutes to allow the crust to crisp up.
How to Reheat Giordano’s Pizza in A Toaster Oven
Insert your Giordano’s deep-dish or thin crust pizza into the toaster oven on the lowest rack setting. If using a deep-dish pizza,for best results cut into wedges before heating.
Turn the temperature dial between 300 and 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Check the pizza every 3-5 minutes, rotating and adding more time as needed until the cheese is melted and crust is crisp.
For a classic crispy Giordano’s experience, run the pizza under the broiler for 1-2 minutes once it is warmed through. Enjoy your favorite Chicago-style pizza reheated to perfection in your toaster oven.
How to Reheat Giordano’s Pizza in An Air Fryer
Place your Giordano’s pizza directly onto the air fryer basket or tray, making sure not to overlap slices for best results. Thin crust pizza is better suited for air fryers.
Set the temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer to 5 minutes. Shake or flip the pizza halfway through to ensure even cooking.
For a crispier crust, brush the outer crust with olive oil before air frying.
When the bottom is crisped to your liking after 5-10 minutes total, check that the cheese is melted and toppings are hot.
Remove and enjoy your re-heated Giordano’s masterpiece!
How to Reheat Giordano’s Pizza in the Microwave
Place your Giordano’s deep dish or thin crust pizza on a microwave safe plate. Cut larger slices in half for more even heating.
For thin crust pizza, cover with a damp paper towel to prevent the crust from becoming too dry. Microwave on 50% power for 1 to 2 minutes, checking and rotating the pizza slice halfway through.
If the crust is still soft, continue microwaving in 15 second increments until it reaches your desired crispness.
Toppings like sausage and pepperoni may require more time to reheat thoroughly.
Let stand for 1 minute before eating to allow the cheese to set. Enjoy your perfectly nuked Giordano’s pizza!
How to Reheat Giordano’s Pizza in a Skillet
Place a skillet over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Let the oil heat up slightly. Lay the Giordano’s pizza slices in the skillet, working in batches if needed.
Cover the skillet and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, checking periodically, until the bottom is lightly browned and crisp.
Flip the slices over and cover the skillet again for another 2 to 3 minutes, until the crust is crisp and cheese is melted. Transfer the pizza slices to a plate and lightly brush the tops with additional olive oil.
Garnish with chopped fresh basil or oregano, if desired. Slice and serve your freshly griddled Giordano’s pizza.
How to Reheat Other Types of Pizza
Reheating pizza is a great way to enjoy your favorite pizza leftovers. However, different types of pizza require different methods for reheating to maintain their texture and taste. Look more Here!
What to Serve with Giordano’s Pizza
Here are some classic and elevated side dish suggestions to serve with Giordano’s pizza:
- Garlic Bread: A simple yet perfect accompaniment to Chicago-style deep dish. Brush Italian bread with garlic butter and bake until crispy.
- Green Salad: Lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes and Italian dressing provide a refreshing counterpoint to the heaviness of the pizza.
- Parmesan Fries: Cut potatoes into fries, coat in Parmesan cheese and rosemary, and bake until crispy.
- Arugula Salad with Shaved Parmesan: Baby arugula tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette, topped with shaved Parmesan and toasted pine nuts.
- Bruschetta: Heirloom cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and garlic mashed and spread on grilled bread.
- Truffle Parmesan Fries: Fries cooked until crispy, tossed with truffle oil, Parmesan and fresh herbs like thyme.
- Fried Mozzarella Sticks: Breaded mozzarella sticks fried until golden brown and served with marinara sauce for dipping.
Hope these classic and elevated side dish suggestions inspire your next Giordano’s pizza feast!
Tip to Maintain Crispiness When Reheating Giordano’s Pizza
Here are some tips to maintain crispiness when reheating Giordano’s pizza:
- Reheat one slice at a time. Reheating an entire pizza can make the crust soggy.
- Use low to medium heat settings. High heat can cause the cheese to become stringy before the crust crisps up.
- Cover the pizza with a loosely fitting foil tent or lid to trap steam and heat the toppings, but leave part of the crust exposed to get crispy.
- Check the crust frequently and remove the cover as it starts to crisp. The cover helps warm up the pizza initially but is not needed once the crust firms up.
- Brush the crust with olive oil before reheating. This will help it brown and crisp up faster.
- Toast slices under the broiler for 1-2 minutes once warm. This final crisping step under high heat gives the perfect crunch.
- Let the pizza rest for a few minutes after reheating. This will allow the crust to firm up and the cheese to set so it doesn’t ooze when you slice and eat it.
The key is to warm up the ingredients gradually first using lower temperatures, then apply high heat at the end to crisp the crust. Hope these tips help you enjoy perfectly reheated, crispy Giordano’s pizza!
In conclusion, reheating Giordano’s pizza requires a careful approach to preserve its original taste and texture. The best way to reheat Giordano’s pizza is by using an oven or a toaster oven.
Microwaving the pizza can lead to a soggy crust and unevenly melted cheese. To get the best results, it is recommended to preheat the oven to 425°F, place the pizza on a baking sheet, and heat it for 10 to 12 minutes.
By following these simple steps, you can enjoy a delicious and crispy slice of Giordano’s pizza even after it has been refrigerated. Therefore, if you are wondering how to reheat Giordano’s pizza, using an oven is the way to go.
Can I reheat Giordano’s pizza in the microwave?
Microwaving Giordano’s pizza is not recommended as it can make the crust soggy and the cheese unevenly melted.
Can I reheat Giordano’s pizza in a toaster oven?
Yes, a toaster oven is a good option for reheating Giordano’s pizza as it can help maintain the crispy crust.
Should I preheat the oven before reheating Giordano’s pizza?
Yes, it is recommended to preheat the oven to 425°F before reheating Giordano’s pizza.
Can I reheat Giordano’s pizza on the stovetop?
Reheating Giordano’s pizza on the stovetop is not recommended as it can result in unevenly cooked pizza.
How long should I reheat Giordano’s pizza in the oven?
You should reheat Giordano’s pizza in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until it is heated through.
Should I cover the pizza when reheating it in the oven?
It is not necessary to cover the pizza when reheating it in the oven.
Can I freeze Giordano’s pizza?
Yes, you can freeze Giordano’s pizza, but it is important to wrap it tightly and label it with the date.
How long can I keep Giordano’s pizza in the fridge before reheating it?
You can keep Giordano’s pizza in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days before reheating it.
Can I reheat Giordano’s pizza in a convection oven?
Yes, you can reheat Giordano’s pizza in a convection oven, but you may need to adjust the temperature and cooking time.
How can I tell if Giordano’s pizza is fully reheated?
You can tell if Giordano’s pizza is fully reheated by checking that the cheese is melted and bubbly and the crust is crispy. Use a food thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the pizza is at least 165°F.
Since a young age, my love for pizza has only grown stronger. As a writer, I am dedicated my career to exploring the art behind a perfect pie. From the crisp crunch of the crust to the perfect blend of savory sauce and gooey cheese, I dedicated to captures the essence of what makes pizza so beloved. With each article, I hopes to inspire others to share in my passion for this timeless dish.