How Many Calories in 3 Slices of Pizza? For many pizza lovers, pizza is the ultimate comfort food.
However, that cheesy, saucy slice may pack quite a hefty caloric punch. Uncovering how many calories actually exist in a few slices of your favorite pizza can be an eye-opening experience that may impact your daily caloric intake and weight management goals.
This article will explore the varying calories in three average slices of classic pizza types – cheese, pepperoni, and sausage – from major pizza chains. We’ll analyze key factors that influence caloric variation in pizza, such as crust thickness, cheese blend, and topping choices.
Finally, we’ll offer some tips to help you make slightly healthier pizza choices at your favorite pizza joint to minimize caloric overload from those next few slices of cheesy goodness.
What Are Calories?
What Are Calories? Calories are a measurement of the energy produced when food is broken down and metabolized by the body.
When you consume more calories than you expend through daily activities and exercise, your body stores the surplus calories as fat which can lead to weight gain.
All foods contain calories, with denser, more concentrated foods like oils, nuts and meat providing the most calories per given weight.
The calories listed on nutrition labels and menus represent the total amount of energy a serving of that food contains.
How Many Calories in 3 Slices of Pizza?
The number of calories in 3 slices of pizza will vary depending on the type and size of the pizza.
A small cheese pizza, for example, may contain around 300 calories per slice, while a large meat-lovers pizza may contain up to 500 calories per slice. In general, the more toppings and cheese a pizza has, the higher the calorie count will be.
To calculate the total number of calories in 3 slices of pizza, simply multiply the number of calories per slice by 3. For example, if a pizza has 300 calories per slice, then 3 slices of pizza will contain 900 calories.
It is important to note that calories are not the only thing to consider when choosing a pizza.
Pizza is also a good source of protein, calcium, and iron. However, it is important to moderation, as too much pizza can lead to weight gain and other health problems.
How Many Calories in 3 Slices of Pizza By Toppings?
Here’s my analysis of the estimated calories in 3 standard slices of pizza based on common toppings:
- 3 slices of cheese pizza is typically between 450 to 520 calories depending on thickness and toppings. This does not include dipping sauces.
- Pepperoni is a little higher in fat so 3 slices will range from 520 to 650 calories. The more pepperoni, the higher the calories.
- Vegetable toppings like mushrooms, peppers, and onions tend to be lower in calories. Expect around 350 to 450 calories for 3 slices of veggie pizza.
Meat Lovers Pizza:
- Higher fat meats like sausage, bacon and pepperoni can push the calories for 3 slices from 650 calories up to around 800-900 calories depending on the amount of toppings.
- Pineapple and ham pizza tends to be in the mid range at around 500 to 650 calories for 3 average slices. The ham adds more calories than veggies but less than sausage or pepperoni.
As with all food, the portion size, amounts of toppings and sauces used can significantly impact the overall calories. However, these estimates should put pizza calories into perspective based on common topping combinations.
How Many Calories in 3 Slices of Pizza By sauces?
On average, three slices of a 14-inch pizza will contain:
- About 330 to 375 calories for three slices with a simple marinara sauce. This is the lowest calorie sauce option.
- Around 425 to 525 calories for three Alfredo sauce pizza slices. The cream and cheese in the sauce add extra fat and calories.
- Approximately 400 to 500 calories for three slices of BBQ chicken or pork pizza. The added sugar and ingredients in BBQ sauce bump up the calorie content.
- Around 500 to 650 calories for three slices with a ranch or olive oil-based white sauce. The oil and cheese contribute more calories than red sauce options.
- Between 550 to 750 calories or more for three slices of buffalo sauce pizza. The butter and hot sauce in buffalo sauce make it one of the higher calorie options.
Overall, higher fat sauces with added sugar, oil or cream tend to yield more calories per slice of pizza.
Even within the same sauce category, more generous application of the sauce can increase calories. But as an average estimate, thesauce types above should fall within the calorie ranges listed for three slices of a 14-inch pizza
How Many Calories in 3 Slices of Pizza By Brand?
Calories in pizza can vary significantly based on the brand, even for the same size and number of slices. Here are some average calorie estimates for 3 slices of a 14-inch pizza from popular chains:
- Around 470 to 550 calories for 3 slices of a Domino’s 14-inch pizza. Their thin crust options are on the lower end of this range.
Papa John’s Pizza:
- Approximately 450 to 600 calories for 3 slices. Their traditional crust tends to be higher in calories than thin crust.
- Around 500 to 650 calories for 3 slices from Pizza Hut. Their stuffed crust and pan pizza options tend to be higher in calories.
Little Caesars Pizza:
- About 400 to 550 calories for 3 slices of a 14-inch Little Caesars pizza. Their Deep! Deep! Dish pizza would be on the higher end of this range.
- Around 400 to 550 calories for 3 slices. Their thin Detroit-style crust tends to yield fewer calories per slice compared to pan or stuffed crust options.
In general, chain pizza brands that offer specialty crusts like stuffed, pan or deep dish will have higher calorie slices compared to thin or traditional crust pizza. Toppings, sauce and cheese choices can also impact calories from brand to brand. But these ranges should provide a ballpark estimate of calories you might expect from popular pizza chains for 3 slices of a large 14-inch pizza.
How Many Calories in Slice of Pizza
Pizza is a tasty and well-liked dish, but it can also be very calorie-dense. Depending on the size of the slice, the dough type, the toppings, and the brand, a slice of pizza may have one or more calories.
A slice of cheese pizza from a big chain restaurant, for instance, can have approximately 250 calories, whereas a slice of pepperoni pizza from the same place might have around 300 calories. Knowing how many calories a pizza has before you eat it is crucial if you’re managing your calorie consumption.
|How Many Calories in 1 Slices of Pizza?||How Many Calories in 2 Slices of Pizza?||How Many Calories in 3 Slices of Pizza?||How Many Calories In 4 Slices Of Pizza||How Many Calories In 5 slices Of Pizza||How Many Calories in 6 Slices of Pizza?|
How Many Calories in Other Brands of Pizza
Pizza is a widely consumed culinary item, and there are several brands and varieties to choose from. Depending on the brand, the size of the slice, the kind of dough, and the toppings, a slice of pizza may have one or more calories.
In this post, we’ll list the caloric content of pizza slices from some of the most well-known American brands. We’ll also go through some suggestions for lowering pizza’s calorie count.
You can look at the following table to learn more about the caloric content of various brands of pizza:
|How Many Calories in Costco Pizza?||How Many Calories In Pizza Hut Pizza||How Many Calories In A Slice Of Domino’s Pizza||How Many Calories In A Slice Of Papa John’s Pizza|
Others Info about How Many Calories in Slice of Pizza
Since a young age, my love for pizza has only grown stronger. As a writer, I am dedicated my career to exploring the art behind a perfect pie. From the crisp crunch of the crust to the perfect blend of savory sauce and gooey cheese, I dedicated to captures the essence of what makes pizza so beloved. With each article, I hopes to inspire others to share in my passion for this timeless dish.